Sunday, July 1, 2012

Daily 5 Book Study Blog Hop!

I loved using "Daily 5" in my second grade class!  Now that I'm going to teach first grade in the fall, I am eager to see how this will work.  I've been blog-stalking many great first grade sites to see how teachers are using Daily 5 with their students.  You can join in by joining the blog hop or just by leaving a comment. 
Click HERE to visit the Chapter One Blog Host Mel D.'s Post

I'm a few weeks behind, but I'll catch up soon.  For now, I'll share my Daily 5 Schedule Strips that I made.  I use them so that one D5 activity doesn't get too full of students.  I learned the need for this very quickly last year when a  hoard of eager students descended on the magnet letters for Word Work!  Oops!  LOL!  


2 comments:

  1. So you did not let your students choose which D5 to go to. They followed the strip that they pulled out. I like that idea. Did you go to all 5 each day? I started D5 last year and it was hard for me to get to all the D5 each day. I still have not decided how I am going to approach the choice issue. Thanks for your idea. It's making me think more about it.

    Mrs Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    I actually have tried a few formats. The first time I used the strips, but they seemed to really like them and not return them. :) Then, I went to a D5 sheet for more accountability. I've never tried D5 with first graders, so I may rethink things. I'll post the other D5 sheet, which makes 3 of 5 required since our schedules are often varied.
    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you are a new follower, please leave a link to your site so I can visit you, too! :)

view sourceprint?01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover