Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Webby Wednesday: Literacy Websites

I joined Brenda at Primary Inspired ABC for a Webby Wednesday blog hop about fun literacy websites to use for Word Work activities.  She shared a fun site, so be sure to visit her blog, too.

One of my favorite sites is BBC Bitesize.  They have different levels of animated literacy games, plus other content areas.  The kids get a kick out of the games and they are great for use on a SMARTboard or other interactive whiteboard.  I plan to have this site as one of the choices my students can use during our Daily 5 literacy time.


I hope you link up and join in with other great literacy sites.  If you are new to my blog and you want to share ideas, be sure to follow me, leave a comment, and I'll be over to visit!

Corinna



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!! I am now your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I know how it feels to not have your own class. I had to do four years of substitute teaching before getting my own class. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)
      Corinna

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. BiteSize looks like fun!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids really enjoy it. Some games are better than others, so preview them first. Thanks for visiting!
    Corinna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check out BBC Bitesize - thanks.
    I am follower number 75.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing I had a SMARTboard or whiteboard... Look like a great site. I found your blg through the linky party. I am your newest follower:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I got my SMARTboard through a grant. Do you have a projector that can show your computer screen on the wall/screen? You could still do a lot of activities, but kids would have to use your keyboard instead. I know--not even close to as fun as interacting with the board.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! If you are a new follower, please leave a link to your site so I can visit you, too! :)

view sourceprint?01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover