Friday, July 31, 2015

Reading Comprehension Lessons Made Easy!

I want to thank you for finding my blog again after my long blogging-hiatus!  I'm going to try to get back on track with my posts! :)

I wanted to share a wonderful website that has so many free things to share with teachers! ReadWorks.org gives teachers the tools to improve the reading comprehension achievement of their students.

ReadWorks provides research-based units and lessons to educators--for free! The curriculum is aligned to the Common Core State Standards and the standards of all 50 states. You just type in where you live and all of their lessons are sorted by your location's standards! 
You can click on a comprehension strategy that you need ideas for and grade-specific lessons are listed for you to choose from. 

I love that they all are literature based lessons using classic books that you probably already have in your personal or school library! 
They have step-by-step lessons, included what your shared reading session will look like, plus reproducibles for your students. They aren’t cute, but we don’t always have time for cute, right?!? 
The other feature I love is that you can click on a list of lots of other books that lend themselves to teaching the comprehension strategies and skills. Plus it gives Lexile Levels &/or Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Levels!
I hope you'll find this site as helpful as I did!  What are some of your favorite mentor texts for teaching comprehension strategies?

Happy Teaching!
Corinna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great website. I love how complete the site is, all the different features are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you are a new follower, please leave a link to your site so I can visit you, too! :)

view sourceprint?01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover